Q. What is the Blackboard Instructor app?
Blackboard Instructor App
Blackboard Instructor shows only the courses where you're enrolled as an instructor, TA, course builder, or other custom role with the appropriate permissions. Students use the Blackboard app for students to access their courses instead.
With Blackboard Instructor, you can perform these tasks:
- Preview course items, assignments, and tests.
- Participate in discussions.
- Send announcements.
- Interact with your class in Blackboard Collaborate.
Before you begin
- Your school needs a Blackboard license that includes mobile device access.
Use the Mobile School Finder Page (available in English only) to search for your school.
- You need a Blackboard Learn account at your school.
Log in to the app with the same username and password provided by your school.
- Your device needs one of these operating systems:
The Blackboard Instructor app is available on iOS and Android tablets and phones.
Use these steps to download and install the app.
- From your tablet or phone, access the appropriate app store.
Download on your Apple® device
Download on your Android™ device
- If necessary, search for Blackboard Instructor.
- Install the app on your mobile device.
- Open Blackboard Instructor and search for the full name of your school.
If you're unable to find your school, try modifying your search. If your school is part of a larger institution or district, try searching for that name instead. If you still can’t find your school, contact your school’s IT help desk.
- Log in with your Blackboard Learn username and password. These are typically the same credentials you use to access your Blackboard courses on a web browser.