Q. How do I embed YouTube videos?
How do I embed YouTube videos?
There are two options to embed YouTube videos within Blackboard and content.
Click Here to access the KB Article and directions on adding Mashups to Blackboard.
1. Find a YouTube video to use, click the Share link located under the player, copy the URL as shown below.
2. Open a New browser window or tab.
3. Login to Blackboard, access Course or Organization, click on Class Materials and your Learning Plan.
4. Click on Build Content, select Web Link.
5. Fill out the Name, paste the URL and fill out a Description.
6. Access the open YouTube, click the Share link, click Embed
7. Click on Show More and uncheck "Show suggested videos when the video finishes"
8. Then copy the text String of text "<iframe width=..." as shown below.
9. On the open Web Link item click the HTML button as shown below.
10. Go to the end of the text, hit enter and paste the test String into the HTML editor and click Update
11. You will now see a "yellow" placeholder where you YouTube will show up once you click Submit
*Users now have access to click the link, play the YouTube video right there inside Blackboard, access full-screen mode, or via the YouTube site. This is the best and preferred method for adding YouTube videos to Blackboard.