Q. How do I setup an "External Grade" column in Blackboard to populate the "Grade Average" section of Starfish?
Populating "Grade Average" in Starfish by setting up an "External Grade" column in Blackboard
In order for Starfish to show an accurate "Grade Average" grade (displayed in the Courses Tab in a Student Folder), you need to have a column in Blackboard set as "External Grade". Below is the process to make this happen.
- Set a Total, Average or Weighted Column to "External Grade"
- Log into Blackboard and select your Course
- Navigate to "Control Panel > Grade Center > Full Grade Center"
- Hover over the column you wish to set as the external grade
- Click on the small, grey, chevron circle (Options Menu) and select "Set as External Grade"
- The changes will take affect the next time the Blackboard and Starfish sync (once a night)
Was this helpful? 0 0