Q. How do I add someone to my class?
Modifying User Enrollment & Roles in Blackboard
Adding, Removing, or Modifying Users Within a Course or Organization
Enrolling Additional Faculty / Staff in a Course:
Course Instructors have the ability to add users (other employees) and assign them the role of "Course Copier" within their Blackboard Learn class. Currently, Instructors cannot remove folks enrolled with the role "Instructor", so use the Course Copier user type. We previously recommended the role of Teaching Assistant, however this new role (Course Copier) is a safer option. The course copy role will give an employee the view of the source class as a student. If another employee with the role of "Instructor" needs to be removed, then you will need to submit a Help Ticket request.
Please note that this function is ONLY intended to provide access to Blackboard Learn class materials.
- Instructor assignment for pay must occur via PeopleSoft.
- Student Course enrollments / withdrawals must occur through PeopleSoft.
Managing Enrollments in an Organization (Blackboard Community):
Organization Leaders are able to manage membership. Leaders may add and remove users from an organizations, or change a user’s role within the organization.
Best Practice for Part-Time Faculty:
- Grant access to the lead Instructor using the attached directions.
- Email the lead Instructor and ask them to either export needed data or perform a Course Copy and request they send you a confirmation email when completed.
- Remove access for the lead instructor using the attached directions.
Attached are two documents that outline the steps for adding users, changing a user's role, and removing a user from a Blackboard course or organization.
Contact the Technology Training Consultant inside of Talent Development with any additional questions 920-498-6266 or firstname.lastname@example.org.