Q. How do I add a Column and Enter a Grade in the Grade Center?
Adding a Column and Entering a Grade
Grade Columns represent any Student effort that is measured. Columns are added to the Grade Center automatically for assessments done in Class materials (Discussion Boards, Assignments, and Tests and Surveys). Work done that is not automatically graded can be measured in the Grade Center by creating a Grade Column.
To add a grade column to your Grade Center:
- Select one of your courses. Welcome tab > My Courses
Go to Course Management within the Side Navigation Menu > Control Panel > Grade Center > Full Grade Center.
- Click the Create Column button.
- Enter the Column Name.
- From the Primary Display drop down select the grade format.
- From the Category drop down select the grade category.
Choosing a Category is optional but recommended if you will be weighting grades according to type and necessary if you would like to drop highest/lowest grades. (To gain a better understanding of weighting grades review the tutorials on Weighting Grades by category and by item).
- Enter the Points Possible.
- Click the Submit button.
By default the new column appears in the Grade Center as the last column to the right. Remember if you want to change the order of your columns, select Column Organization from the Manage button drop down. (Review the tutorial on Column Organization)
To enter a grade:
- Click on the grade cell you want to enter a grade.
- Enter the Points Possible and press the Enter key.