Q. How do I add a Safe Assignment?
Create a SafeAssignment
SafeAssignments can be added to any Content Area or Learning Module, where students are able to access them.
When a SafeAssignment is created, a statement is automatically added to the description that informs students that their submitted papers are checked for originality.
In addition, a Grade Center column is added automatically.
To create a SafeAssignment:
- Access the Content Area where you want to add a SafeAssignment. Ensure Edit Mode is ON.
- On the Action Bar, point to Create Assessment to access the drop-down list.
- Scroll down to Submission Details.
- In the section Plagiarism Tools, check the box in front of "Check submissions for plagiarism using SafeAssign".
- Decide if you want to us the other settings:
- Allow students to view SafeAssign originality report for their attempts
- Click Submit.
Selecting SafeAssignment Options
Choose SafeAssignment options that support your instructional goals. For instance, to use SafeAssignments as a teaching tool to help students become more proficient at citing sources, select the Draft and Student Viewable options when creating the assignment.
Use the following options available when creating a SafeAssignment:
- Available - Select whether or not the SafeAssignment is visible to students.
- Availability Dates - Set the date range when students can view a SafeAssignment.
- Draft - Allows students to validate their papers without submitting them to the institutional database.
- Student Viewable - Determines whether students can see the SafeAssign report generated for their submitted papers.
- Urgent Checking - Sets papers to a high priority in the queue for plagiarism checking.
- Optional Announcement - Select "Yes" to create an Announcement aabout the SafeAssignment.