Q. How do I create links to library materials in Blackboard?
Integrating Library Content into Blackboard Learn
NWTC Library content can be integrated into your Blackboard class. The NWTC Library has developed a website which contains detailed information and instructions on how to add this information into a Blackboard class shell.
Below are some of the common issues:
- The instructor may have copied the url from the browser’s address bar instead copying the persistent or permanent url provided by the vendor lower on the screen. Browser url’s for licensed resources often have a session id or date stamp inside them that expires by the next day. The special links lower on the screen or in the Share area will not expire.
- The url may be missing the beginning part that allows students to access a Library resource from off-campus. This part looks like http://ezproxy.nwtc.edu:2048/login?url=
- The instructor may have forgotten to set up the link to open in a new window. This can cause the link to not work for certain browsers.
- The url may be garbled if the instructor uses “Copy Shortcut” from an email message (instead of highlighting and copying the actual url text). This can sometimes add a “webmail” prefix to the link that makes it break.
- The url may have spaces or foreign characters in it or at the end of it. A space at the end is often the problem and is not always noticeable right away.