Q. How do you create an announcement?
Use the announcements tool to provide students with course reminders and updates. You can include text, images, and multimedia to announcements, as well as links to course content. If the Home Page includes the What’s New and To Do modules, students will already be alerted to new content, assignments, and discussion posts. Therefore, consider creating announcements only for items that do not appear in the modules.
New announcements appear directly below the repositionable bar titled New announcements appear below this line. To pin an announcement to the top of the list, press and drag it above the repositionable bar. This keeps the announcement at the top of the list and prevents new announcements from superseding it. You can also reorder announcements using the keyboard accessible reordering tool on the action bar.
When performing the instructor functions, be sure Edit Mode is ON.
To Create an Announcement:
- On the Control Panel, expand the Course Tools section and select Announcements.
- On the Announcements page, click Create Announcement on the action bar.
On the Create Announcement page, type the Subject, which becomes the title of the announcement on the Announcements page.
- Optionally, and a Message and format the text using the content editor functions.
- In the Web Announcement Options section, select Not Date Restricted—visible until manually removed, or Date Restricted—visible only within selected dates and times.
- If Date Restricted, select the Display After and Display Until check boxes and type the dates and times. Optionally, use the pop-up Date Selection Calendar and Time Selection Menu to select dates and times.
Select the Send a copy of this announcement immediately check box if you want to send students an email containing the announcement. The email is sent to all students even if they chose not to receive announcement notifications through email.
- Optionally, in the Course Link section, click Browse to create a link from the announcement to a course item. Select the course item from the pop-up course map.
- Click Submit.