How do I export MindTap Grades into Blackboard?
Last Updated: Aug 18, 2014 | 604 Views
Topics: Grade Center
Was this helpful? 0 0
How to Export MindTap Grades into Blackboard
Export Blackboard Gradebook
- Log into your Blackboard account.
- Select your course from the course list on the right:
- Select Full Grade Center under Control Panel -> Grade Center at the bottom, left side of the screen:
- Choose Download from the Work Offline drop down menu:
- Under Options, select Comma for Delimiter Type. Everything else on the page can be left the same. Click Submit:
- Click DOWNLOAD on the next page:
- Select a download location for the file. You will need to access it at a later time:
- Please Note: The file name will be similar to: gc_CourseName_fullgc_Date_Time.csv
Export MindTap GradeBook
- Launch your MindTap course (via Blackboard):
- Click on the Progress app on the left hand side:
- Click on Manage, and then Export on the right hand side:
- Select Comma Separated Values (.csv) for the export format and Points for the grade format. Click Export:
- Save the exported file onto your computer:
- Please Note: The file name will be similar to: gradebook_export_Date_Time.csv
Merging the Two Gradebook Exports
- Open the file downloaded from Blackboard.
- Open the file downloaded from MindTap.
- On the MindTap export, delete the three rows beneath the Assignment Name. These rows are not needed within Blackboard. These three rows will typically say:
- Max Points
Upload New Spreadsheet to Blackboard
- Return to the Grade Center within your Blackboard Course
- Click on the Work Offline drop down menu in the top right side of the screen. Select Upload:
- Click Browse My Computer, locate the file you want uploaded, and then click Open. Make sure you upload the NEW Blackboard file, and not the original Blackboard or MindTap export:
- Click Submit:
- Select which columns to upload and click Submit:
- The students’ grades under the Grade Center are now updated: