What is the Blackboard app?
The Blackboard app is a user-installed app that allows students to interact with their Blackboard courses from their mobile devices.
Anyone with an iOS, Android, or Windows device can download the Blackboard app. Using your NWTC username and password, you can log in and access your Blackboard courses from anywhere you can access the Internet.
Before you begin
Your school needs a Blackboard license that includes mobile device access.
Use the Mobile School Finder Page (available in English only) to search for your school.
You need a Blackboard Learn account at your school.
You'll log in to the app with the same username and password provided by your school.
Your device needs one of these operating systems to run the Blackboard app.
Use these steps to download and install the Blackboard app.
- From your device, access the appropriate online store.
Download on your iPhone® or iPod touch® Download on your Android™ device Download on your Windows® device
- If necessary, search for Blackboard.
If you search the App Store from an iPad, be sure to change the iPad Only filter to iPhone Only to find the app.
- Install the Blackboard app on your mobile device.
- Open the Blackboard app and search for the full name of your school.
If you're unable to find your school, try modifying your search. If your school is part of a larger institution or district, try searching for that name instead. If you still can’t find your school, contact your school’s IT help desk.
- Log in with your Blackboard Learn username and password. These are typically the same credentials you use to access your Blackboard courses on a computer.