How do you add an item?
Last Updated: Sep 09, 2013 | 141 Views
Was this helpful? 0 0
Adding Items to Content Areas
An item can contain text, audio, movies, files, images, and mashups.
To add items to your content area, complete the following steps:
- In Edit Mode, access the content area (Class Materials) from the course menu.
- On the action bar, point to Build Content to access the drop-down list.
- Select Item from the Create column.
- On the Create Item page, type the item’s Name and, optionally, select a color for the name. Add optional instructions or a description in the Text box. The text you add here appears below the item’s name in the content area.
You can use the content editor functions to format the text and include files, images, external links, multimedia, and mashups. Files you upload from your computer are saved in Course Files or the Content Collection in the top-level folder. When adding an attachment using the content editor, you can choose to launch it in a new window and include alternate text to describe the attachment.
- Alternatively, in the Attachments section, attach a file using one of the following options:
To upload a file from your computer, click Browse My Computer.
If your school licenses content management, click Browse Content Collection.
The Course Files area is not seen by students, but is available to you when adding content or by accessing Files in the Control Panel. Course Files is discussed in-depth in the manual, Using Course Files.
- Optionally, provide a Link Title for the attached file. Otherwise, the file name appears in the content area.
- In the Options section, select Yes for Permit Users to View this Content to make the item available to students. Select other options as needed.
- Click Submit.