How can I chat with an individual participant inside of Blackboard Collaborate Ultra?
Individual Chat for Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is a virtual classroom that can be enable and deployed in your organization or course shell.
Preferred browser for Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is Google Chrome!
A new feature as of August 2017 allows participants to chat with other participants individually along with group chat. Below we will walk you through how to FIRST setup as a moderator and then use this new feature.
- Log into Blackboard
Course Management > Control Panel > Course Tools > Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
Organization Management > Control Panel > Organization Tools > Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- Note: You will need to set up Moderator Supervisor Controls prior to having the ability to see all "Private" chats. To do this you can edit the Course or Session rooms by selecting the Options Menu on the right hand side (three horizontal dots). Choose Edit Settings to configure the room.
- Scroll down to the Session Settings and select "Moderators Supervise All Private Chats" if you wish to see all private chats.
- Join either your Course Collaborate room or Session Collaborate room
- Open the Collaborate menu and select Participants panel
- Select the Participant Controls (three horizontal dots) and choose Chat
- Navigate to the Chat panel to see all of your chats (public, moderator, individual) or manage Supervised Chats if you are a moderator in the course!
*Issues or questions reach out to Talent Development.