ADMINISTRATOR ONLY - Merging class shells: The parent child relationship
Employees that are not Blackboard Learn Administrators, please contact the Help Desk to have class shells merged.
Blackboard Learn Administrators can merge class shells. Merging shells creates a parent-child relationship between one parent shell and any number of child shells.
- Obtain the class numbers for the classes to be merged.
- Use the Courses command on the Courses module on the Administor Panel of the System Admin tab to find the parent class shell.
- Use "Course Name" or "Course ID" search type then enter the class number of the Parent in the search box.
- Float over the Option Menu of the parent class
- Select edit
- Look for the "Select Courses to Merge" option at the bottom of the GENERAL INFORMATIONsection of the Course Setting page.
- Click the check box to revile the CHILD COURSES section.
- Click the "Browse..." button.
- Use "Course Name" or "Course ID" search type then enter the class number of the first child class in the search box.
- Select the check box in the Status Column of the child class.
- Click the Submit button
- This will enter the Blackboard Learn Course ID into the "Add Child Courses" text box.
- Scroll to the top or the bottom of the page, click Submit.
- The child will display under the parent in the Courses list with a left-upbent arrow in the Status column.
- Repeat steps 2-13 to add more children.