Copy files from the Content System in the Self Hosted environment to the Managed Hosted environment
During our migration from a Self Hosted environment to a Managed Hosted environment, individual users will need to transfer any content they have in their User folder. The NWTC Blackboard Team has migrated the data from the Instutuion Content, but we do not have rights to an individual's folder.
Steps involved in the Self Hosted environment:
- Click on the Content Tab at the top of the webpage in the Self Hosted environment (screen capture #1). You should see the My Content area that belongs to you.
- Either indiviualy select items (files or folders) to transfer or click the select all check box. (screen capture #2)
- Click the "Download Package" button. (screen capture #3)
- Save the zip file to your computer.
Steps involved in the Managed Hosted environment(https://nwtc.blackboard.com):
- Click on the Content Tab at the top of the webpage in the Self Hosted environment (screen capture #1). You should see the My Content area that belongs to you. (pic MH1)
- Hover over "Upload" then select "Upload Zip Package". (pic MH2)
- Click Browse and navigate to the zip file. (pic MH3)
- Select the file, then determine if you want to override any existing data. At this point it should not be a problem, if this is the first transfer you are doing.
- Click Submit.
- Wait for the file/folders to appear.