Blackboard April 2014 Service Pack Resolved Issues / New Features
Blackboard April 2014 Release Information
The April 2014 release for Blackboard Learn 9.1 delivers resolutions to a number of known issues, as well as improvements to core capabilities, resulting in a product that is more intuitive, engaging, and focused on the end user. Additional information regarding these improvements is included below and in the attached document.
Resolves the Following Known Issues:
- Use of the Course Creation Wizard module now requires users to have a system role and with a specific entitlement.
- When accessing a course as an instructor using IE11, the browser crashes if the course has Edit Mode turned ON. With the April release, the browser no longer crashes.
- Instructors running the discussion board automatic de-anonymizer may occasionally be set as the thread author in courses they are not enrolled in. With the April 2014 release, instructors running the discussion board automatic de-anonymizer are only set as the thread author in the courses they are enrolled in as instructors.
- Inline Grading: Discussion boards, journals, wikis, and blogs submitted as 0 if viewed or graded by someone who is not an instructor. With the April 2014 release, discussion boards, journals, wikis, and blogs are no longer submitted as 0 if viewed or graded by someone who is not enrolled in the course and able to grade submissions.
- This update includes resolved issues with Mobile Learn.
New Blackboard Learn Features:
- Instructors can hide student names from submitted assignments for anonymous grading. Instructors can delegate grading to specific users.
- Significant figures have been added in calculated formula test questions, such as leading zeros.
- The look and feel of My Grades has been updated. Students now view feedback by clicking View Feedback.
- Portfolios are now accessed from the global navigation menu and have a new authoring canvas.
- SafeAssign is integrated into regular Learn assignments.
- Instructors can view their course exactly as a student does by using a student account the system generates for them. (Blackboard version of the 3rd party plug-in currently use for Student View.)
Please refer to the attached Feature Guide for End Users for additional information.